With 197 Parties, the United Nations
Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) has near universal membership
and is the parent treaty of the 2015 Paris Climate Change Agreement. The main
aim of the Paris Agreement is to keep a global average temperature rise, this
century, well below 2 degrees Celsius and to drive efforts to limit the
temperature increase even further to 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial
levels. The UNFCCC is also the parent treaty of the 1997 Kyoto Protocol.
The ultimate objective of all agreements under the UNFCCC is to stabilize greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere at a level that will prevent dangerous human interference with the climate system, in a time frame which allows ecosystems to adapt naturally and enables sustainable development.
The secretariat of the UNFCCC supports
governments and wider society in their efforts to combat climate change. The
secretariat has an extensive communication strategy, the overall aim of which
is the dissemination of information to a target audience consisting of
policymakers in national and international organizations as well as the civil
Objective of the Request for
The objective of the RFP is to establish a Framework Agreement with one company?? [a number of companies] for the supply of specific communication services on an as needed basis. The support delivered to UNFCCC is to be on an international level to supplement existing skills and resources. The selected company(ies??) will primarily provide consultancies and services.
Type of Services
UNFCCC is seeking (a) qualified company(ies) to provide creative services, to manage the brand, to design print and digital products, and to develop websites and applications for mobile devices. The services cover the following areas, but are not limited to:
(a) Digital Communications
- Design and development of new websites, microsites and mobile applications;
- Digital communications and digital /creative materials: campaign; graphics, videos, banners, visuals, animations, interactive infographics, design, social media postcards, motion graphics;
- Digital solutions covering technical execution across multiple devices and platforms, such as websites and social media channels;
- Digital toolkit, photo and video content, promotional items and other kinds of designs/still visual arts upon request for all digital platforms.
(b) Pre-press Design and Layout
- Design and development of
illustrations, infographics, charts and logos for books, brochures, posters, calendars
and other visibility materials;
- Pre-press files for print- and
web-versions of the designed materials for publications and other communication
products, such as:
- Reports, brochures, books, handbooks, leaflets, questionnaires (including with tables, charts, photographs);
- Posters, certificates,
- Folders, box design, packaging containers;
- Roll-up banners, stationary, displays;
- Any other visibility and promotional
material as requested.
- Supervision of printing process by closely liaising with printer to ensure high quality of the printed products.
(c) Brand Development
- Consolidation of the secretariat’s design and redefinition of corporate identity;
- Development of branding guidelines for the redefined corporate identity;
- Development of strategy and
implementation for internal and external roll-out of the refined identity.
(d) Printing and Production
- Publications, books, booklets,
brochures, annual reports, leaflets, flyers, posters, calendars, certificates,
invitations, folders, photos, infographics.
- Banners, roll-up banners, back-drops, promotional items, packaging containers, stationary, displays.
- Shipment to Bonn and worldwide.